Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
Skip to main content

Advertisement

Jan 13, 2022

TDC approves budget increase for fireworks

Citing a 30% increase in material costs as a result of the pandemic, the Santa Rosa County Tourist Development Council approved a request for an additional $5,250 to be added to this year’s Fourth of July fireworks show budget.

Jan 12, 2022

Janie Chandler ‘loved with her whole heart’

Janie Chandler had a big heart. It was, without question, one of her best qualities.

“She was one of the most compassionate people I’ve ever met,” said Christy Anderson, one of her closest friends. “She just loved with her whole heart and saw the potential in everyone.”

Jan 4, 2022

Snowbirds receive ‘warm’ welcome to Navarre

Dozens of ‘snowbirds’ from across the country gathered at the Navarre Beach Visitor Information Center on Tuesday morning to receive a ‘warm’ welcome from officials.

Jan 4, 2022

New disc golf course open seven days a week in Milton

The City of Milton now has its very own disc golf course.

Dec 24, 2021

Top 12 reader-submitted Photos of the Year

Navarre Press staff combed through hundreds of nominations before narrowing it down to our top 12. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

Dec 23, 2021

Discovering the real history of Navarre: When Navarre was Eagan

The area of South Santa Rosa County that we call Navarre currently considers the surveying and platting of Guy H. Wyman in 1925 as our beginnings.

Navarre Press has further traced one of its earlier forms of existence to a settlement called Eagan.

Dec 23, 2021

Plans underway for Navarre’s centennial

Navarre will be celebrating its 100-year anniversary in 2025, and a local group is already planning the festivities.

According to committee member Frankie Gibbs, the committee held its first in-person meeting Dec. 9.

Dec 22, 2021

Former combat medic: ‘It’s all about the job’

Scott Vines has lived, and saved, many lives in his 67 years on this earth. Most would consider Scott to be a hero, but to him, it’s all just part of the job. For 21 years, spanning from 1973-1994, Vines served as a medic in the Navy and Army.

Dec 22, 2021

Reflections on an amazing night: It is pure magic

Tonight was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I was pooped on. I was peed on. I was sneezed on. I was coughed on. I was cried on. All but puked on (that was just a matter of time). Some ran away in fear. Some clung to their parents for their very lives.

Dec 22, 2021

Dozens volunteer: ‘This is how we take care of our own’

South Santa Rosa Caring and Sharing (SSRCS) held its annual Christmas distribution preparation event this weekend at Holley-Navarre Intermediate School (HNIS). Dozens of volunteers gathered Dec. 17 and 18 to help fill boxes with essential items for hundreds of families in need across South Santa Rosa County.
error: Content is protected.