Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
Skip to main content

Dec 23, 2021

Discovering the real history of Navarre: When Navarre was Eagan

The area of South Santa Rosa County that we call Navarre currently considers the surveying and platting of Guy H. Wyman in 1925 as our beginnings.

Navarre Press has further traced one of its earlier forms of existence to a settlement called Eagan.

Dec 23, 2021

Plans underway for Navarre’s centennial

Navarre will be celebrating its 100-year anniversary in 2025, and a local group is already planning the festivities.

According to committee member Frankie Gibbs, the committee held its first in-person meeting Dec. 9.

Dec 22, 2021

Former combat medic: ‘It’s all about the job’

Scott Vines has lived, and saved, many lives in his 67 years on this earth. Most would consider Scott to be a hero, but to him, it’s all just part of the job. For 21 years, spanning from 1973-1994, Vines served as a medic in the Navy and Army.

Dec 22, 2021

Reflections on an amazing night: It is pure magic

Tonight was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I was pooped on. I was peed on. I was sneezed on. I was coughed on. I was cried on. All but puked on (that was just a matter of time). Some ran away in fear. Some clung to their parents for their very lives.

Dec 22, 2021

Dozens volunteer: ‘This is how we take care of our own’

South Santa Rosa Caring and Sharing (SSRCS) held its annual Christmas distribution preparation event this weekend at Holley-Navarre Intermediate School (HNIS). Dozens of volunteers gathered Dec. 17 and 18 to help fill boxes with essential items for hundreds of families in need across South Santa Rosa County.

Dec 22, 2021

Still smiling after 65 years

Sandy Conner was on a date with someone else the day she met John, her future husband.

Her date’s car battery died in front of the house Sandy was staying at that night with a friend. He was dropping her off.
John happened to be down the street in his front yard hanging out with friends.

Dec 17, 2021

State representative announces 2022 art competition winners

Rep. Jayer Williamson (District 3) has announced the winners of his 2022 legislative session “Why I Love Northwest Florida” art competition from over 60 entries submitted by students attending schools from schools located across House District 3.

Dec 15, 2021

Donations needed to fill Manna’s shelves

This holiday season, Krewe of Lafitte, Astro Lincoln, Pensacola Blue Wahoos, WKRG News 5, and Manna Food Pantries invite the public to Pack the Pirate Ship with healthy nonperishable food donations for our neighbors in need in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties

Dec 15, 2021

West Navarre Primary gets jolly surprise

Jolly Saint Nick and the Holley-Navarre Fire District paid a visit to West Navarre Primary School on the morning of Dec. 15. Santa Claus arrived sitting on top of a firetruck to the sound of hundreds of students singling “Jingle Bells” as he passed.

Dec 14, 2021

Midway Fire hosts reverse Christmas parade

Midway Fire District (MFD) held its very own reverse Christmas parade on Dec. 14 at Tiger Point Park in Gulf Breeze. The “parade” consisted of multiple stations with firemen and Santa Claus himself handing out festive treats like cookies, candy canes and hot chocolate to attendees who remained in their vehicles.
error: Content is protected.