The strong wind gusts from “named” storms that come into the Gulf can lead to damage to trees falling and being an inconvenience to clean up, to, at worst, onto your home and causing major damage. While there are many reputable tree service companies in our area, some homeowners take it upon themselves to clean up tree situations on their own and that’s where The Tool Shack can help!
The Tool Shack carries ECHO and STIHL branded chainsaws to fit any job and budget, as well as replacement parts, chains, and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). Now is the time to make sure your chainsaw is running safely.
A few tips to remember when using a chainsaw:
- It is important to wear eye and ear protection, proper fitting shoes and clothing (no flip flops or baggy shirts) as well as gloves and a hardhat.
- While making your cuts with a chainsaw be sure to run the throttle at full speed while maintaining constant pressure on your cutting surface with both hands to control the saw.
- When operating a saw, one of the most dangerous things that can happen is allowing the tip of the bar and chain to come into contact with a surface causing the saw to “kick back” towards the user.
- You also do not want the chain to come in contact with dirt or the ground as that will dull the chain quickly.
In the event we experience a storm and have damage to our local power grid, portable generators and inverters can be used to power your appliances or home. While many of us in Florida own generators, most of us do not use them regularly. Incorrect usage of a generator can lead to fire, electrocution, or carbon monoxide poisoning in as little as five minutes. It is extremely important to use your generator outdoors, in a well-ventilated area, and away from a structure. Due to the generator creating an electrical current you want to keep the unit dry and make sure you have the unit grounded. Never attempt to “backfeed” or plug your generator into an outlet in your home, as this could be a danger to utility workers, and you should only power appliances by plugging straight into the generator.
- When it comes time to refuel your generator, turn the machine off and let the engine cool to reduce the chance of fire or getting burned. The Tool Shack carries Honda, Generac, and Hustler generators.
Remember to always read and follow all information in your owners’ operations manual.
- The Tool Shack, located at 4370 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Gulf Breeze and 1528 Gulf Beach Highway, Pensacola, is your local Equipment Sales, Service, and Rental shop and has been serving Northwest Florida and South Alabama since 2003. We sell and service brands such as Stihl, Echo, Hustler, Toro, Gravely, Altoz, Honda, Wacker Neuson, Kioti Tractors, Avant Loaders and many more!
The Tool Shack
4370 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf, Breeze, FL, 32563