Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Santa Rosa county as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
Santa Rosa County
- Pensacola Bay Bridge (U.S. 98) Replacement – Drivers will encounter alternating lane closures and lane shifts on the Pensacola Bay Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 12 through Saturday, Sept. 18. Crews will be using lanes on the current bridge as a platform to pour concrete decks for the westbound (Gulf Breeze to Pensacola) structure. Additional work will include installation of pier lighting.
- U.S. 98 Widening from Bayshore Road to Portside Drive – Crews continueutility relocations, clearing, excavation, drainage improvements, and pond construction. There are no anticipated traffic impacts.
- I-10 Resurfacing East of S.R. 281 (Avalon Boulevard) to East of S.R. 87 – Motorists can expect intermittent lane closures on the Blackwater River bridge 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 12 through Thursday, Sept. 16 as crews perform paving operations.
- U.S. 90 Routine Bridge Maintenance over the Pond Creek– Motorists will encounter intermediate lane closures one mile west of S.R. 89 from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 12 for routine bridge maintenance.
- I-10 Routine Bridge Maintenance over the Blackwater River– Motorists will encounter intermediate lane closures four miles west of S.R. 87 from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. Monday, Sept. 13 through Thursday, Sept. 16 for routine bridge maintenance.