Publix Super Markets, Inc. is opening another 45,000 square foot grocery store in south Santa Rosa County in a new shopping center, called – Tiger Point Pavilion. The new shopping center located adjacent to Lowes and the Tiger Point baseball fields will include three out-parcels ranging from 4,000 to 8,000 square feet according to a sign placed on the property. There will also be a 1,400 square foot Publix Liquor Store.
Some may think the south end Publix stores are located within a short distance of each other with the Navarre store 11 miles and Gulf Breeze 7 miles away from the new location. However, the Publix locations in Orlando Florida are much closer together many being only 2 and 3 miles apart and one store located only 1.2 miles from another Publix.
A few facts about Publix Supermarkets:
- Founded in 1930 in Winter Haven, Florida, by George W. Jenkins.
- The largest employee-owned grocery chain in the United States.
- One of the 10 largest-volume supermarket chains in the country.
- Retail sales in 2014 reached $30.6 billion.
- Currently, employ more than 177,500 people.
- Received numerous awards for being a great place to shop and work.
Read more in the next issue of Navarre Press or subscribe online HERE.