Parvo reported after dog park visit

A case of Parvovirus was found in a local dog after visiting the Navarre Dog Park. While it is not confirmed that the dog contracted parvo while at the park, county officials have posted informational notices about the infection at all county-owned dog parks Wednesday.

Parvovirus is a potential fatal infection that can caused diarrhea and vomiting in dogs. It is highly contagious and can be contracted from the soil or grass.   While proper vaccinations done from three months old can protect dogs from infection, missed shots will leave a dog susceptible to infection.

For more information pick up the April 13 edition of the Navarre Press or subscribe.

Contact Us

Navarre Press

7502 Harvest Village Ct.
Navarre FL 32566

Social Connections

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Your Name

Your Email

Search in Site

You must be logged in to post a comment Login