There are three ways for residents of Santa Rosa County to cast their ballot in the upcoming primary and general election.
Previously referred to as absentee balloting, Vote-by-Mail is open to any registered voter in Santa Rosa County regardless of where they will be on election day. Voters that place a request will receive a ballot in the mail to an address they specify. These ballots can then be mailed back to the Elections Office or dropped off in person.
Vote-by-Mail requests can be specified for a single election or be open-ended requests that will last for two cycles.
The deadline for voters to place their requests for the upcoming election is 5 p.m. Aug. 22. Requests for Vote-by-Mail ballots can be made in a number of ways:
- Online at votesantarosa.com/voter-information/vote-by-mail
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to 6495 Caroline Street, Suite F, Milton, FL 32570
Vote-by-Mail ballots can be mailed to the elections office, dropped off in person up to 7 p.m. the day of the election at the Supervisor of Elections office in Milton or dropped off by 4:30 p.m. at the South Santa Rosa Service Center at 5841 Gulf Breeze Parkway in Midway.
Voters may cast their ballots eight to 14 days prior to the election at one of four locations.
- Main Elections Office – (behind McDonalds on Highway 90) 6495 Caroline St., Suite F, Milton, FL 32570
- Pace Community Center – 5976 Chumuckla Highway, Pace, FL 32571
- South Service Center – (1 block east of the Zoo on Highway 98) 5841 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Gulf Breeze, FL 32563
- Tiger Point Community Center – 1370 Tiger Park Ln., Gulf Breeze, FL 32563
Early voting in the primary is available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day. In the general election it is available 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
On Election Day
The primary election will be held Aug. 28 and general election is Nov. 6. Registered voters may go to their specified precinct between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on the day of.
Voters will need to bring photo identification with them on election day. The following is a list of approved identifications. A picture and signature identification is required. Any combination of these documents may be presented to fulfill the photo and signature requirements.
- Florida Driver’s License
- Florida I.D. issued from the DMV
- U.S. Passport
- Military I.D.
- Student I.D.
- Veteran health I.D. card issued by the United States Department of Veteran Affairs.
- A license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued pursuant to s.790.06
- Employee I.D. card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality
- Retirement Center I.D.
- Public Assistance I.D.
- Neighborhood Association I.D.
- Debit or Credit Card
Remember that voter registration information must be updated at least 29 days prior to the date of the election.
Aug. 13-25 – Primary election early voting period
Aug. 28 – Primary election
Oct. 2-9 – Domestic general election Vote-by-Mail ballots mailed out
Oct. 9 – Books close for general election
Oct. 22-Nov. 3 – General election early voting period
Nov. 6 – General election
For more information, visit www.votesantarosa.com.
As seen in the Aug. 9 issue of Navarre Press. Stay connected to your local community. Click here to view print and digital subscription options!