In 2015, approximately one in every four children struggled with hunger and food insecurity in Northwest Florida according to Feeding the Gulf Coast, formerly Bay Area Food Bank.
Many of these children would love to have a peanut butter sandwich, and the UF/IFAS Extension Santa Rosa County Office wants to give them one.
They are working in conjunction with the Florida Peanut Butter Producers Association collecting jars of peanut butter to feed Santa Rosa County families in need through their third annual Peanut Butter Drive.
Drop off locations for peanut butter include:
- Santa Rosa County Extension Office, 6263 Dogwood Drive in Milton
- Jay Extension Office, 5259 Booker Lane in Jay
- South Santa Rosa Service Center, 5819 Gulf Breeze Parkway
- City of Milton, 6738 Dixon St. in Milton
- Santa Rosa County, 6495 Caroline St. in Milton
- All Santa Rosa County libraries
- All Santa Rosa County Departments
- Lowes in Gulf Breeze and Pace
- United Bank branches in Milton and Pace
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Milton
- West Florida Research and Education Center in Jay
Read the full article in the Oct. 27 issue of Navarre Press. Click here to subscribe for as little as $38 per year.