In 1877, William Keyser built a brick and mortar store along the shore of the Blackwater River in the heart of Milton. At the time Milton was a growing community, a mill town focused on the export of pine timber throughout the region and across the world.
Keyser was leading the way in this growth and would become considered one of the founding fathers of the city.
Read the full article in the June 8 issue of Navarre Press. Subscribe online at navarrepress.com for as little as $38 per year.