The Department of Environmental Protection gives notice of its intent to issue a permit to Santa Rosa County, Navarre Beach Division, 1411 Utility Drive, Navarre Beach, Florida 32566-7153, to operate a 0.90 MGD domestic wastewater treatment facility which would discharge 0.90 MGD of effluent to Santa Rosa Sound, WBID #915G. The facility is located at latitude 30°22’51.25″ N, longitude 86°52’44.69″ W at 1489 Utility Drive, Navarre Beach, Florida 32566-7153, Santa Rosa County. The Department has assigned permit file number FL0023981-014-DW1P to the proposed project.
The intent to issue and application file are available for public inspection during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except legal holidays, at the Department’s Northwest District Office, 160 W. Government Street, Suite 308, Pensacola, Florida 32502. The files are also available electronically from the Department’s Electronic Document Search Portal http://prodenv.dep.state.fl.us/DepNexus/public/searchPortal using Facility ID FL0023981.
NOTICE OF RIGHTS
The Department will issue the permit unless a petition for an administrative hearing is timely filed under Sections 120.569 and 120.57, F.S., before the deadline for filing a petition. On the filing of a timely and sufficient petition, this action will not be final and effective until further order of the Department. Because the administrative hearing process is designed to formulate final agency action, the hearing process may result in a modification of the agency action or even denial of the application.
Petition for Administrative Hearing
A person whose substantial interests are affected by the Department’s action may petition for an administrative proceeding (hearing) under Sections 120.569 and 120.57, F.S. Pursuant to Rules 28-106.201 and 28-106.301, F.A.C., a petition for an administrative hearing must contain the following information:
- The name and address of each agency affected and each agency’s file or identification number, if known;
- The name, address, any e-mail address, any facsimile number, and telephone number of the petitioner, if the petitioner is not represented by an attorney or a qualified representative; the name, address, and telephone number of the petitioner’s representative, if any, which shall be the address for service purposes during the course of the proceeding; and an explanation of how the petitioner’s substantial interests will be affected by the agency determination;
- A statement of when and how the petitioner received notice of the agency decision;
- A statement of all disputed issues of material fact. If there are none, the petition must so indicate;
- A concise statement of the ultimate facts alleged, including the specific facts that the petitioner contends warrant reversal or modification of the agency’s proposed action;
- A statement of the specific rules or statutes that the petitioner contends require reversal or modification of the agency’s proposed action, including an explanation of how the alleged facts relate to the specific rules or statutes; and
- A statement of the relief sought by the petitioner, stating precisely the action that the petitioner wishes the agency to take with respect to the agency’s proposed action.
The petition must be filed (received by the Clerk) in the Office of General Counsel of the Department at 3900 Commonwealth Boulevard, Mail Station 35, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-3000, or via electronic correspondence at Agency_Clerk@dep.state.fl.us. Also, a copy of the petition shall be mailed to the applicant at the address indicated above at the time of filing.
Time Period for Filing a Petition
Petitions filed by any persons other than the applicant, and other than those entitled to written notice under Section 120.60(3), F.S., must be filed within 14 days of publication of the notice or within 14 days of receipt of the written notice, whichever occurs first. The failure to file a petition within the appropriate time period shall constitute a waiver of that person’s right to request an administrative determination (hearing) under Sections 120.569 and 120.57, F.S., or to intervene in this proceeding and participate as a party to it. Any subsequent intervention (in a proceeding initiated by another party) will be only at the discretion of the presiding officer upon the filing of a motion in compliance with Rule 28-106.205, F.A.C.
Extension of Time
Under Rule 62-110.106(4), F.A.C., a person whose substantial interests are affected by the Department’s action may also request an extension of time to file a petition for an administrative hearing. The Department may, for good cause shown, grant the request for an extension of time. Requests for extension of time must be filed with the Office of General Counsel of the Department at 3900 Commonwealth Boulevard, Mail Station 35, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-3000, or via electronic correspondence at Agency_Clerk@dep.state.fl.us, before the deadline for filing a petition for an administrative hearing. A timely request for extension of time shall toll the running of the time period for filing a petition until the request is acted upon.
Mediation is not available in this proceeding.