Santa Rosa County is applying to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) for a FFY 2013 Small Cities Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Neighborhood Revitalization Grant in the amount of $750,000.00. For each activity that is proposed, at least 70% of the funds must benefit low and moderate income persons. The activities, dollar amount and estimated percentage benefit to low and moderate income persons for which the County is applying are:
The proposed project will include the replacement of water lines in two low-to-moderate income neighborhoods in the community of Midway.
Construction Costs (including engineering): $690,000.00 70 % low and moderate income Project Administration: $ 60,000.00 70 % low and moderate income
Santa Rosa County plans to minimize displacement of persons as a result of planned CDBG activities in the following manner: No displacement is anticipated because all construction will occur within established rights-of-way. If any persons are displaced as a result of the planned activities, the County will assist such persons to obtain suitable replacement housing.
The public hearing to receive citizen views concerning the proposed project will be held in the County Commission Meeting Room at 6495 Caroline Street, on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 9:30 a.m. A draft copy of parts of the application will be available for review at that time. The application will be submitted to the state on March 12, 2014. A final copy of the application will be made available at the grants office at 6495 Caroline Street on Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. within five days after March 12, 2014. To obtain additional information concerning the public hearing, contact the office of Emily Spencer, at (850) 983-1855. The Public Hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring an interpreter for the hearing impaired or visually impaired should contact the office of Emily Spencer by March 5, 2014 and an interpreter will be provided. Any non-English speaking person wishing to attend the public hearing should contact the office of Emily Spencer by March 5, 2014, and a language interpreter will be provided. To access a Telecommunications Device for Deaf Persons (TDD) please call 1- 800-955-8770.
Pursuant to Section 102 of the HUD Reform Act of 1989, the following disclosures will be submitted to DEO with the application. The disclosures will be made available by Santa Rosa County and DEO for public inspection upon request. These disclosures will be made available on or after the date of submission of the application and shall continue to be available for a minimum period of six years.
1. O t h e r Government (federal, state, and local) assistance to the project in the form of a gift, grant, loan, guarantee, insurance payment, rebate, subsidy, credit, tax benefit, or any other form of direct or indirect benefit by source and amount;
2. The identities and pecuniary interests of all developers, contractors, or consultants involved in the application for assistance or in the planning or development of the project or activity.
3. The identities and pecuniary interests of any other persons with a pecuniary interest in the project that can reasonably be expected to exceed $50,000 or 10% of the grant request (whichever is lower);
4. For those developers, contractors, consultants, property owners, or others listed in two (2) or three (3) above which are corporations, or other entities, the identification or pecuniary interests by corporations or entity of each officer, director, principal stockholders, or other official of the entity.
5. The expected sources of all funds to be provided to the project by each of the providers of those funds and the amount provided; and
6. The expected uses of all funds by activity and amount.