Here are the latest updates from the Florida Department of Transportation on state road and bridge closures and restrictions in Northwest Florida due to Hurricane Sally.
- Pensacola International Airport has suspended operations for all arriving and departing commercial
- The Pensacola Bay Bridge on U.S. 98 is closed to all
- R. 166 (Caverns Road) from Russell Road to S.R. 71 is closed due to flooding.
Santa Rosa County
- Garcon Point Bridge (State Road (S.R.) 281) is open to limited to two-axle vehicles. Emergency service vehicles, including ambulances and fire trucks, are permitted to cross the bridge as well as sport utility vehicles, pick-up trucks, and private vehicles towing single or double axle trailers. Trucks need to continue to follow the truck detour routes.
- The outside eastbound lane of U.S. 90 from the Escambia County Line to Bass Hole Cove Bridge is closed due to shoulder erosion.
- R. 89 is closed at the Alabama State line due to roadway damage in Alabama.
- R. 277 from Pioneer Road to Bonnett Pond Road is closed due to flooding.
For the latest closures and updates, travelers can access Florida’s 511 service from cell phones, landlines and online at www.FL511.com. For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.