Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Road Advisory #12
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is providing an update on road and bridge closures and restrictions in Northwest Florida due to heavy rainfall. All airport and seaport facilities are functioning as normal.
Santa Rosa County
- S.R. 281 (Avalon Boulevard) from U.S. 90 to Carroll Road is open.
- Northbound I-110 on ramp at Airport Boulevard is restricted.
- Scenic Highway (U.S. 90) 150 feet north of Baywalk Circle is closed.
- Scenic Highway (U.S. 90) south of Scenic Highway Circle is closed.
- Scenic Highway (U.S. 90) north of Wimbledon Drive is closed.
- Scenic Highway (U.S. 90) at Summit Boulevard is closed.
- U.S. 90 1/2 mile west of eastbound I-10 is restricted.
- S.R. 297 (Pine Forest Road) 3/4 miles south of I-10 is restricted.
- U.S. 98 (Lilian Highway) at Trout Road is restricted.
- U.S. 98 at S.R. 295 (Navy Boulevard) is restricted.
- S.R. 289 (9th Avenue) at Carpenter’s Creek is restricted.
- U.S. 98 east of the Brooks Bridge is open.
Motorists are reminded to be watchful of other drivers and road conditions and to be on the lookout for flooded roads. If the road ahead is flooded, turn around and find an alternate route. Flooded roads may hide the fact that the roadway is washed out underneath and as little as six inches of rushing water can force your car off the road.
FDOT has opened a call center to assist motorists in Northwest Florida toll-free at (888) 638-0250 extension 1199 or dial direct at (850) 330-1199.