The family fun and entertainment is Friday and Saturday October 3 and 4 from 10 A.M. to 3 P.M. The entire family can enjoy the indoor and outdoor gardens and discover garden design ideas and plant selections for your own landscape. There are numerous activities in the park during the two days, so plan time to visit our invited vendor booths to shop, eat, learn and see dynamic displays.
Children can learn about the life and biology of the butterfly while earning their Junior Lepidopterist card entitling them to release a butterfly in the vivarium. There are also opportunities for children (ages three and up) to tag and release a Monarch butterfly outdoors as part of the annual Monarch Watch program. They may also craft butterfly–related items in the educational craft area located in the gazebo.
Enter the Butterfly House vivarium where trained Docents will point out native butterflies up close as they feed on native and Florida-Friendly nectar plants. Watch hungry caterpillars munching on their favorite food or observe a Monarch butterfly laying her eggs under a milkweed leaf. Don’t miss any of the interesting booths. These will include:
- Monarch Market will sell butterfly-themed books, t-shirts and other treasures. **
- Navarre Beach Sea Turtle Conservation Center, Marine Sanctuary, and Santa Rosa 4-H will offer dynamic displays.
- Garden Gate will have an array of plants for sale for your gardens.
- Butterfly Bazaar will have butterfly art posters for sale along with unique, hand crafted butterfly items. **
- Holley-Navarre Elks Lodge #2787 will be raising money for local charities with the sale of hamburgers, hot dogs, snacks and soft drinks.
- Rustables will offer original metalwork art for the garden
- Santa Rosa County Master Gardeners will provide advice on your lawn, landscape and gardens.
- Navarre Garden Club will sell a variety garden planters & embellishments for your garden.
- Visit the U Learn Booth and discover the secrets to butterfly gardening and cooking with herbs.
- Designing a Butterfly Garden in 7 Easy Steps. Presented at 10:30 & 2:00 Friday& Saturday
- Cooking with Herbs. Enjoy sample tasting along with a display of herbs.
Mark your calendar for Friday and Saturday, October 3rd and 4th from 10 a.m.– 3 p.m.
Come Join Us!
** Proceeds from both the Monarch Market & the Butterfly Bazaar support the Panhandle Butterfly House **