Are you a talented, self-motivated web developer/designer with a minimum 2 years work-related experience?
If so, read further.
The role of the Web/Graphic Designer is to coordinate and deliver technology solutions that support high-quality news, marketing and advertising services. The web developer will work with team members and outside contractors to oversee projects from conception through the end of their life cycle. They are also responsible for working with vendors and hosting companies to ensure the highest performance.
The ideal candidate will combine a strong technical background with strategic thinking, Web design skills and excellent communication skills to help clients with their sites. The ability to work well under deadline pressure is a must. Some background in journalism or a related field is a plus. Candidate should also possess knowledge of modern SEO practices and email marketing and be comfortable with social networks.
A minimum of an AA degree in Graphic Design is preferred but we will consider real world experience. Must be adept at multitasking and be deadline driven. Individual should enjoy working in a collaborative and creative environment and at a fast pace. We are looking for a talented, detailed-oriented web developer with project management experience and a strong work ethic to join us and become part of our high-energy, positive work environment. We value people who are self-motivated, accountable, fun and ambitious.
You will work on a variety of projects from web design to advertising design. If you are heavy on the technical side and are wary of the graphic design, don’t let that dissuade you.
Other responsibility and knowledge:
- Work with graphic designer and Marketing/Creative Director in a project-based environment to take a pre-existing design and transition that smoothly onto the web and make it look good on all browsers. Also advise on developing designs that will work well on web (what will and will not work).
- Ability to compile Google analytics, webmaster tools, insights, and ad-words data into client-relevant, detailed reports.
- Ability to recognize vulnerabilities and inconsistencies in websites that may compromise security or user experience.
- Ability to develop intuitive, flowing site navigation for websites.
- Strong knowledge of major social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest and how they work.
- Advise Marketing/Creative Dir. And Graphic designer on new or alternative solutions to website design challenges.
- Any ios/droid mobile app development experience a plus.
We provide insurance benefits, a creative work environment, and continuing education opportunities.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter that explains what they have to offer Navarre Press and a resume to [email protected].