A fire at the Taco Bell on Highway 90 in Pace damaged and closed the restaurant late Wednesday night. According to fire crews on the scene, the sign on the front of the store was on fire when they arrived.
The fire appears to have been caused by wiring in the sign, according to firefighters at the scene. Navarre Press is awaiting a return call from the State Fire Marshal’s office in Tallahassee, which is expected to make an official determination on the fire’s cause soon. The Pace fire is eerily similar to the blaze that shut down the Navarre Taco Bell in June. That fire originated from the storefront’s electrical sign. The Navarre Taco Bell was demolished last week, and is being rebuilt with a target date of early next year for reopening.