Florida’s annual back-to-school sales tax holiday kicks off Friday, Aug. 7, and runs through Aug. 16.
According to the Florida Retail Federation, the 10-day event is the longest back-to-school shopping holiday since its inception in 1998. Shoppers have two full weekends to shop-tax free.
The tax-free holiday applies to:
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $100 or less per item
- Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item
- Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories on the first $750 of the sales price, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
The holiday does not apply to:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $100
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Rentals or leases of any of these items
- Repairs or alterations of any of these items
- Sales of clothing, school supplies, or computers and computer-related accessories in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment or airport.