Gulf Power, in partnership with the Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at UWF, has funded a second round of the Northwest Florida Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant Program.
Gulf Power will fund the grant program with a contribution of $300,000. The maximum grant award is $5,000.
The application period opens June 8, at 8 a.m., and the deadline for submitting applications is Friday, June 12, at 5 p.m. Only applications submitted during the application period are eligible for review. Applications are reviewed in the order they are received, so submit as soon as possible within the timeframe.
Previous applicants from the first round of the COVID-19 recovery grant that were not awarded funds are still welcome to reapply for this second round of funding. Some eligibility changed from the first round.
To qualify, the business:
- Must be a privately held business that maintains a business (including a commercial building) in either Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Holmes, Jackson, Washington, Calhoun, or Bay counties
- Must have been profitable in 2019
- Must have been established and active prior to Jan. 1, 2019
- Must have 11-29 employees (1099’s also count as employees)
- Must have a demonstrated sales reduction of 25% or greater due to COVID-19
These grants are intended for those businesses that have not already received SBDC facilitated grant assistance. Those who were awarded from the first round of funding of the Northwest Florida Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant, or any other local grant program recently facilitated by the SBDC such as the Santa Rosa County Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant, are ineligible for an award from this program.
A full list of eligibility factors and steps to apply for the Northwest Florida Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant are available at SBDC.UWF.edu/northwest-florida-covid-19-recovery-grant-program/.