A kitchen fire on June 26 resulted in the complete devastation of a ground-floor apartment at Golf Villas apartment complex in Gulf Breeze.
A Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s deputy noticed smoke coming from the Golf Villas apartment complex across the street from the SRO office and Midway Fire District and called in the alert at about 7:30 p.m.
Midway Fire Chief Jonathan Kanzigg said that five fire trucks responded to the blaze from Midway, Gulf Breeze, Pensacola Beach and Holley-Navarre Fire District.
“Five trucks are what we typically have for a commercial structure fire,” Kanzigg said.
The fire was caused due to unattended cooking, Kanzigg said.
“The fire was out in about 15 minutes from the time we arrived and received the call,” he said.
Kanzigg urged all area residents to “use caution” when using the stove, oven, or microwave units.