Pre-budget workshop canceled
Tuesday, 15 February 2011 18:28
The pre-budget workshop scheduled for Monday, February 21 at 1:30 p.m. is cancelled due to the uncertainty of the state’s budget, the county’s portion of the state shared revenue, and local ad valorem revenue.
Pre-budget workshops are not required, but in the last few years, commissioners, board staff and constitutional officers met in the early calendar year to prepare for the coming budget cycle.
Santa Rosa County’s budget calendar for the 2011/2012 fiscal year includes:
- May 6- All budgets due to budget office from board departments, cities, state & non-profit agencies
- May 27- Constitutional officers budget requests due to budget office
- June 1- Property appraiser provides estimate of total assessed value of non-exempt property
- June 9- Pre-Budget workshop with board, board staff and all constitutional officers
- July 1- Property appraiser provides board with Certificate of Property Value
- July 15- County administrator presents tentative fiscal year 2011-2012 budget to commission
- August 9 at 9 a.m.- Budget presentations with board, board staff and all constitutional officers
- On or Before August 16- Property appraiser mails proposed property tax to property owners
- August 30- Public hearing on MSBUs
- September 6 at 6 p.m.- First public hearing on tentative fiscal year 2011-2012 budget
- September 19 at 6 p.m.- Final public hearing on proposed fiscal year 2011-2012 budget
- September 20- Submit resolution adopting millage rate to the tax collector, property appraiser, and department of revenue (FS 200.065)
All workshops, presentations, and hearings are held in the board meeting room located at 6495 Caroline Street, Milton. The public is invited to attend or view the meetings online at www.santarosa.fl.gov/bocc/meetings.html. The meetings will also be posted in its entirety after the meeting at the same link.