Santa Rosa County Tourist Development Council approved the 2013 marketing budget presented by MDi media group.
In addition to the TDC’s regular marketing budget of about $500,000, the TDC received a $491,000 grant from BP’s Gulf Tourism and Seafood Promotional Fund. TDC Executive Director Kate Wilkes said the grant administrators liked the TDC’s grant proposal so much that BP is extending the $491,000 grant for another year. She said 80 percent of the first-year grant would be received by the end of December and the remaining 20 percent will be received after the TDC submits all its paperwork showing where the money was spent.
For the complete story, see the Dec. 6 issue of Navarre Press or subscribe online.