Who wouldn't want to work here?
View our open positions below and apply!
Navarre Press and Sandpaper Marketing are looking for a graphic designer that will be responsible for conceptualization and design for collateral materials, information graphics, corporate identity, and multimedia interfaces, from concept to completion.
The graphic designer works with production, ad sales manager, and the marketing/creative director, to design and produce compelling information graphics, advertising design, and all web and print materials mentioned above. We don’t expect you to be a web developer but familiarization with the functionality of design for web is important.
• Develops and designs basic visual communications such as marketing materials, presentations, emblems, logos from concepts, brochures, advertisements, print and Web advertisements (for a variety of media including but not limited to: Print, Web, Signage & Video).
• Communicates and works with marketing staff to develop basic visual media concepts for products and services in order to create client interest.
• Determines basic document layout options, costs, timeframes, etc. by interfacing with technical writers and marketing manager; determines graphic design, web layout, and/or print production elements for each item of a product.
• Produce tables, maps, charts, simple animation, time and trend-lines, concept and process illustrations, signs, posters, and (eventually) interactive graphics.
• Conduct general communications work with a small core office team
• Utilize creative thinking, visual artistry and good color sense, facility with numbers, well-honed copy writing skills, strong deadline orientation, good organizational skills, positive attitude and sense of humor, drive to keep learning, and ability to work independently or in teams.
• Work with marketing/creative director and website developer by taking an original design or concept and applying that to Print, Web, Signage or Video.
• Work with web developer/designer on making sure designs to transition smoothly from Photoshop to Web, print to web, and vice versa without compromising integrity of design or functionality of websites/applications.
• BA in Graphic Arts, Communication, or Info Design preferred. (or a two year degree with 3-4 years related experience in lieu of BA)
• Two or more years of experience with a newspaper, marketing company or comparable organization
• Understanding of and demonstrated ability to navigate technical challenges posed by various platforms and browsers.
• Knowledge of software titles like Adobe Creative Suite, and Quark and especially strong in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Good working knowledge of Vector-based graphics and their uses.
• Working knowledge of Dreamweaver for placement of Graphics/type.
• Basic HTML knowledge and of current CMS's like Wordpress and Joomla.
• Competency in graphics software (including Flash or HTML5) and CMS requirements. Basic knowledge of Dreamweaver for placement of Graphics/type. Basic HTML(5) knowledge of current CMS's like Wordpress and Joomla.
• Strong understanding of typefaces and how they are used.
• Strong understanding of printing processes and what is required in files being output for print.
• Attention to detail.