Beach replenishment tab is moving target

Although at least three Santa Rosa commissioners support exempting beach leaseholders from paying an extra share of the planned $17 million sand replenishment project, the board’s eventual vote will likely hinge on the county’s overall budget needs.

“I think we’re going to see some commissioners keep their powder dry” until next year’s budget is prepared in August, said District 4 Commissioner Rob Williamson at his town hall meeting in Navarre last week.

“I’m one of those commissioners,” he told an audience of three dozen constituents.

Read the full article in the April 21 issue of Navarre Press. Click HERE to subscribe online today!

Share and Like


Social Connections

Navarre Press

You must be logged in to post a comment Login